FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
1) How much does the My Medical Alert unit cost?The cost to use our unit is $0. You use our system for free when you purchase one of our monitoring plans (monthly, quarterly or an annual) plan. When finished simply call for a free pickup of our unit.
2) How much are the monitoring plans?If you sign up for our monthly plan...we charge your card only $24.95. We ship all equipment free and activate you at no additional charge. When finished you may request a free shipping label to return your unit at anytime.
If you sign up for the quarterly plan its $22.95 x 3 = $68.85. We ship all equipment free and activate you at no additional charge. When finished you may request a free shipping label to return your unit at anytime.
If you sign up for our yearly plan...we charge your card only 17.95 x 12 = $215.40. We ship all equipment free and activate you at no additional charge. When finished you may request a free shipping label to return your unit at anytime.
You may change your plan with us at any time. You may also return your unit at anytime and receive a refund of the unused portion of your monies paid. Simple!
3) Can I purchase the equipment?Yes, you have the option to rent or buy our My Medical Alert personal emergency response system.
4) How much is the purchase option?To purchase our system at the time of this writing is $159.00 for the unit including shipping. Monitoring fees are billed $14.95 a month. Our warranty is 1 year over the counter exchange when purchasing the unit.
5) Do I have to sign a long term contract?NO! If you purchase the unit you can cancel the service at any time with a 30 day notice and the equipment is yours to keep or give away. Our rental offer begins with a 1 month term, after that you can cancel our service at any time with no remaining months to pay.
6) If I press the button will I get charged?NO! Our system is there for you 24 hours a day 365 days a year and there are no hidden charges.
7) Do private insurance companies cover the costs of the system?This depends on your insurance company. It is always a good idea to ask. Some of our subscribers are covered either through insurance or through local agencies that help those who cannot afford the system but need the security. In most cases portions of the cost are tax deductible. Speak to your tax professional for more details.
8) I live in a small town; can My Medical Alert be used here?My Medical Alert can be used anywhere in the USA & Canada. All you need is a phone line and our system will provide you with Help!...With just the touch of a button.
Servicing all 50 States and Canada with Medical Alert Monitoring
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
9) How do I order or obtain more information on this service?To order our system or receive additional information you can either:
Call our Customer Care Center number 1-800-777-1212
Fax in your order 1-800-777-1212
Mail in your order: My Medical Alert 8310 Allison Pointe Blvd., Suite 203 Indianapolis, IN 46250
Order online at http://www.BestMedicalAlert.com/pricing/
Order a brochure http://www.BestMedicalAlert.com/contact-us/
10) How much is installation?FREE! Our system is so easy to install that the system comes ready to be plugged in with absolutely no installation costs. You are welcome to request a installation sheet ahead of time to see how easy is to install or just follow this link Easy Installation.
11) If I am not in the same room as the main unit will anybody hear me?Our units are designed with a highly sensitive 2 way voice system. In most cases you will be able to hear from another room. If you are unable to talk or if we are unable to hear you, our trained emergency team will send help right away.
12) Can the wrist unit or pendant be worn in the shower or bath?YES! We recommend that you wear your wrist unit or pendant in the shower or bath. Did you know that most falls for seniors occur in the bathroom.
13) How far is the range of the wireless call button?The range of our wireless call button is up to 800 feet from the main unit, however it must be noted while being used inside it normally problem free, if you go outside the home the range may degrade based on a number of issues as to home construction and terrain.
14) I have a pulse phone at home; can this unit be used with it?YES! Whether you have a Tone phone or a Pulse phone our system will work. When you sign up for our system please be sure to mention whether your phone is Tone or Pulse.
15) I have a Cable VoIP system will your system work at my home?YES! We offer Medical Alert Devices with world class electronics that works perfectly with your Cable VoIP system.
16.) Do you offer a money back guarantee?YES! We offer a 45 day 100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee. Just call for a free shipping label to return your unit.
Medical Alert System
Everyday Free ShippingMedical Alert System includes two way speaker base, 100% waterproof necklace or wrist band and 24 hour monitoring care with no additional fees! Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Plans.
- HIDDEN FEES (Absolutely None)
- 800 Foot Range
- Works with land or cable VoIP phone lines!
- Emergency backup battery up to 80 hrs
- 100% Waterproof Help Button
- 45-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Choice of necklace or wrist pendant
- Spouse monitoring is free.
- AARP/AAA/Veteran Discounts Included
- USA Call Center
- Free Lifetime Warranty
- Request a Free Brochure
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Plans